According to the REACH Regulation, manufacturers and suppliers of hazardous substances and preparations are required to provide safety data sheets (SDS). An expert must be assigned to this task, who must be able to prove his or her credentials when asked to do so by the relevant authorities.
The seminar serves as a basic course for creators of safety data sheets and its content is based on the requirements of the REACH regulations and the ECHA guidelines for SDS creation (general knowledge), as well as the former but still relevant disclosure of hazardous substances (BekGS) 220 (technical knowledge).
- Overview of chemicals legislation (REACH legislation, Hazardous Substances Ordinance)
- Major changes according to REACH and the actual guide to the creation of safety data sheets (REACH, Appendix II)
- Basics of Classification and Labelling according to GHS/CLP (regulation (EG) 1272/2008)
- Exposure Scenarios for communication (eSDS)
- Basics of classification of hazardous goods: relevant information in the SDS for the five modes of transport
- Aids and important sources of information for the creation of SDS