Please note that we are now offering this face-to-face training as web-seminar. You can register for the web-seminar here.
You are welcome to join our waiting list if you would like us to inform you by email about a new date for a live training course.
The aim of this training session is to instruct you in depth about the principles of classification and labelling in accordance with GHS. Main focus will be on classification criteria for substances and mixtures. Physical, health and environmental hazards will be addressed. A further key aspect of the training will be the differences between UN-GHS and national implementation of GHS in selected Asian countries (China, Japan, South-Korea and Thailand) as well as in the EU. Representative examples will illustrate the application of GHS.
Part 1: Introduction Globally Harmonized System
- Global implementation of UN-GHS
- Hazard classes and categories
- Pictograms, signal words and codification
- Labelling requirements in selected countries (focus: China, Japan, South-Korea, Thailand)
- GHS building blocks in selected countries (focus: China, Japan, South-Korea, Thailand)
- Harmonized classification (national GHS substance lists)
Part 2: Application of the GHS Criteria for Substances and Mixtures (Classification & Labelling)
- Physical hazards (selected hazard classes)
- Health hazards
- Environmental hazards