Web-Seminar of 3 hours.
During this module, you will learn about:
- the new requirements for recycled plastics intended for use in the EU in food contact applications, considering the Regulation (EU) 2022/1616 of 15 September 2022 on recycled plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with foods, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 282/2008;
- the requirements that will apply for recycled plastic materials intended for use in food contact applications in the US; the US FDA Guidance for industry: use of recycled plastics in food packaging will be presented and discussed;
- the acceptance criteria for recycled polyethylene terephthalate (PET) resin intended for use in food contact applications in India and the guidelines for the recycling process;
- the requirements of Mercosur GMC Resolutions 25/99 and 30/07 on PCR-PET intended for use in food contact applications in Mercosur;
- the restrictions / requirements that apply to post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastics intended for use in FCMs;
- the tests (eg challenge tests, migration tests) to be considered, with case study examples;
- the analytical challenges in identifying non-intentionally added substances (Nias) that migrate from PCR plastics into food, considering the intended conditions of use;
- key steps for obtaining authorisation on the recycling technology / process in the EU and US; and
- how to demonstrate compliance of recycled plastic materials intended for use in food contact applications in the above mentioned markets.
Regulatory Affairs Managers or Products Stewardship Specialists active in companies situated in different positions of the food contact supply chain
Language of training material