This workshop is an advanced and refresher training for authors of safety data sheets and product safety responsibles. The content is aligned to the requirements of the REACH regulation and the ECHA Guidance on the Compilation of Safety Data Sheets as well as the the former but still relevant Announcements on Hazardous Substances (BekGS) 220 (qualification of persons compiling safety data sheets).
- required information in safety data sheets according to the REACH regulation (EC) 1907/2006 (as amended by the regulation (EU) 2015/830)
- Classification and Labelling according to GHS/CLP (regulation (EC) 1272/2008 and the latest ATPs)
- physico-chemical, toxicological and ecotoxicological data requirements in the SDS
- regulatory information: EU directives and the national regulations and rules sets in Germany (Seveso directive/Hazardous Incident Ordinance; water-hazard classes; storage classes)
- Hazardous Substances Ordinance (GefStoffV) and Technical Rules for Hazardous Substances (TRGS)
- Classification of Dangerous Goods: relevant information in the SDS for the five modes of transport
- the extended safety data sheet (eSDS) according to REACH (exposure scenarios for communication in the supply chain; safe use information for mixtures)