The emphasis of the training is to provide an overview of the ecotoxicological risk assessment for registration of plant protection products and their active substances. The lecture provides an introduction to the regulatory framework and guidelines, details on the risk assessment, relevant compartments and European and National approaches.
The information shall enable the participants to evaluate the issues of the ecotoxicological risk assessment of plant protection products.
- Introduction to the regulatory framework
- Introduction to regulatory ecotoxicology, Guidelines
- Principles of Ecotoxicological Risk Assessment: Parameters, Requirements, Study Design, Endpoints
- Details on Aquatic Assessment
- Terrestrial: Birds, Mammals, Bees, Arthropods, Soil Organisms, Plants
- Standard approaches and refinement options on EU level
- Requirements and refinement options on national level
The content of the lecture can be adapted to the requirements of the respective audience.